J524 Seamless Hydraulic Fluidline
J524 Seamless Hydraulic Tubing for flaring and bending, i.e. Cold Drawn and Annealed Seamless Low Carbon Steel tubing for use in pressurized hydraulic lines. Some industrial uses include Aircraft, Locomotive, Heavy Equipment, Automotive, and Agricultural applications where fittings, couplings, and fluid lines are used. Tubes’ ends are capped to prevent entry of contaminants and ensure cleanliness.
- SAE J524
- AISI 1008/1010
- ASTM/ASME A/SA179 except for average wall, aluminum killed steel
- EN10204 3.1.B
- PED certified
- OD x ID
- Uniform Lengths
- Dual Certified
Available in both Seamless and ERW (Electric Resistance Welded) types. All are manufactured to ensure a clean ID which is required for most hydraulic applications. Our seamless hydraulic fluid line is manufactured from cold drawn 1010 steel and meets AMS 5050-G, JIC specs, ASTM A-179, and SAE J524.
- Uniform ductile tubing ideal for easy flaring and bending
- Smooth clean inside surface helps prevent damage to valves and cylinders
- Hydraulic applications like diesel fuel injection, lubrication, generator pump, coil, air conditioner, and similar high-pressure applications
- Unlike 4130 Seamless Alloy Steel Tubing, J524 is easily bent and flared
- All material is dead soft annealed and drawn
- Typical applications such as fittings, couplings, and fluid lines
As a result of multiple cold-drawn reductions, annealing both intermediate and after final tubing sizing, our J524 tubing has a high quality finish both inside and out. However, when handling tubing special care should be given not to drag, scratch or accidentally gouge since those imperfections may compromise tubing and cause leaks.
Typical Chemical Properties
Typical Mechanical Properties
For more specifications see Seamless Low-Carbon Steel Tubing Annealed for Bending and Flaring at SAE International.